How many times can Taco Bell keep introducing the same menu items over and over again as "new" products, just because they give them a new name?Well, apparently, at least one more time (and probably more).
But they're getting a little lazy in the creativity department at this point. Usually they come up with some cool name that sounds like some authentic Mexican novelty, but is really just a made-up word that they concocted (i.e. Enchirito, Meximelt, Crunchwrap Supreme).
This time they just went with... "Melts." Simple and straightforward, I suppose, but personally, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of effort here. And to even claim that this is some new item? It's chicken, various cheeses, some grilled veggies and some kind of zesty sauce all rolled up in a tortilla. I guess the grilled veggies is slightly unique, giving it sort of a fajita feel. But when I ate it, it was pretty much the same thing as 5 or 6 other things on their menu and numerous specialty items from the past - just a rolled up cheesy, melty thing... and delicious. I give it a B+ but don't expect to see it on the menu by the end of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment