10/04/2006

Strawberry Whoppers

The actual name is "Whoppers Milkshake - Strawberry Flavor," but they really should just be called Strawberry Whoppers.

To this I say "What took them so long?!"

This candy is right down my alley and I love it. They are fantastic.

You know when you're eating whoppers, and you keep piling them in your mouth because they're so good, and you keep dissolving the malt on your tongue and it's kind of fun and then you hit that point...

...you know that point. When the malt kind of gets to you and you start to get a sore throat?

Well, these will not solve that problem. But they WILL offer a fantastic new option to those of us who aren't the biggest chocolate fans. I know I'm in the minority on this issue, but I am one of those people who will always get a strawberry milkshake over a chocolate one, and usually choose skittles over m&m's. I'm just not a huge fan of chocolate and usually prefer fruitier options when it comes to candy.

The other thing that's nice about this new candy is that it's not a reach, it keeps it simple and it totally works. The malt and the strawberry go perfectly together. I'm curious to see if they come out with a vanilla version as well. It seems like the next logical step.

By the way, how much do we love the whoppers milk carton? They've had it for a while and it hasn't gotten the praise it deserves. I think more candies should follow suit (some have - milk duds).

Anyway,
Final Grade - A

No comments: