Everything's cool about this product except the results. Cool name; cool concept; they even went the trendy "organic" route. And the execution works pretty flawlessly - the only real problem? - the Taste. I know, pretty important factor, right? Um, yeah.So, it makes pancake-making considerably easier in the morning and it's kind of fun to squirt pancake batter out of a whipped-cream can. When you shake it up and squirt some in the pan, it is initially pretty fluffy, like whipped cream, but quickly settles down into a regular circle of batter. Problem is, it settles down TOO much. These things are not very fluffy at all. It seems like they could have used a little more leavening agent in the recipe. The ones I make from the standard Aunt Jemima powder mix are way fluffier. And the final verdict... they taste a little funny. I ate them but they definitely have a funny taste. I'm not sure if it's the result of the pressurized can or the preservatives or what, but there's something just a little bit off. Maybe it would be better in a waffle maker - perhaps I'll test that next. I think they're okay if you're really needing the convenience factor. But for everyday use, I'd recommend sticking with more traditional batter strategies.
No comments:
Post a Comment