Okay, I need to come up with a term to use to describe these products with flavor names that tell you nothing about what it's going to taste like. Any Pappy's Products fan knows how I'm a sucker for any product that falls into this ridiculous category but it's getting a little old to just keep typing "products with flavor names that tell you nothing about what it's going to taste like." Feel free to suggest any creative terms you come up with. I'll have to create a hall of fame for this category.So... what cracks me up about this drink (other than the name) is the fact that Mountain Dew decided to diversify and add different flavors. My question is, "Doesn't that make it something different than 'Mountain Dew?'" To me, Mountain Dew is one of those drinks that has a unique flavor that makes it what it is. It takes me back to my childhood summers when I was rolling in giant tires and swinging off ropes into lakes. Okay, maybe I didn't do those things, but the commercials made me feel like doing them when I drank the Dew.
Anyway, Mountain Dew, is, well "Dew" flavored. I guess officially it's some type of citrus. But it's unique. I love new flavors and varieties of things but this one I don't get. They describe "supernova" on their website as being "purple berry, melon and ginseng" flavored. HUH? Yup, you're guess is as good as mine. But my point is, as soon as Mountain Dew starts changing their flavors to cherry, orange, sour grape, "purple berry," supernova, arctic burst, kryptonite ice (yes, that's a real one), voltage, or blue shock... it is no longer Mountain Dew.
On a scale of 1 to 5, this one's getting a big, strong D+
No comments:
Post a Comment