I guess they were going for that "Black & White Cookie" effect here. You know, the big cookies you get at the deli that they debated over on Seinfeld? Yeah, the Black & White cookie. So here is the "Black & White Waffle."Well, interesting, I suppose. I do love variety in foods so this item did pique my interest at first glance. What I found intriguing was that Eggo never had a chocolate waffle entry prior to this so it's not like they just decided to combine two of their flavors. This is their first entry into the chocolate waffle ring.
The chocolate part is good - it's very rich and very sweet. You feel guilty eating it for breakfast. For some strange reason the chocolate part is a bit soft though, even in its frozen state. What I mean by that is that it doesn't hold its shape as it cooks in the toaster - it sort of bends and flops down as it heats up. AS for the vanilla side? Well, this is just flat-out false advertising in my opinion. This is not "vanilla." It is just a regular, plain Eggo waffle. So they shouldn't have called them Choco-Nilla waffles, but rather Choco-Plain instead. I realize that doesn't sound quite as enticing, but still.
Bottom line - they're just not right for breakfast. I'd rather have a couple original or buttermilk or even blueberry waffles. What Eggo should have done is forget the half & half thing and just introduce a full-on "Chocolate Waffle." It could have been the headliner in a new line of "Dessert Waffles." One of these chocolate waffles warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top would be divine.
No comments:
Post a Comment