Reese's just will not stop, will they? They keep coming up with new varieties of candy and new peanut butter products. I'm sure they will continue until they've successfully or unsuccessfully combined every possible candy bar and candy ingredient with every other one in every shape, size and flavor.But then again, we love it, don't we. It keeps me employed. (you didn't know they pay me for this?)
Their latest is this - the "crispy crunchy" bar - and here's what it is. First, look at the picture and think about how you would describe it. Go ahead. Okay, you got it? Exactly - it's a butterfinger bar with a layer of peanut butter and peanuts on top.
Well, it's certainly interesting. A bold venture, for sure, yet not too much of a reach.
What does it taste like? There's no real mystery here, but the question to be asked is "does it work?" I would say - "Sort of."
It's not so much that it's "too much stuff," because we're only talking about 2 1/2 internal ingredients here, and they are all in the same family. But the crispy crunchy part (the butterfinger) is not quite good enough. It is "crispy" and "crunchy" but what it isn't is "crispety" and "crunchety." Only the butterfinger itself possesses those traits. It's almost more of a 5th Avenue type of crunch (the poor man's knock-off of butterfinger).
The peanut butter layer is solid - it's the standard stuff from the cup - and the peanuts are embedded in the chocolate coating.
Overall, this is a pretty decent bar, and certainly interesting. I'm just afraid that more often than not, I'd prefer either the Butterfinger or the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, which are both hall-of-famers - I'm just not sure they belong fused together.
Final Grade - B
No comments:
Post a Comment